What is a CSA?
A CSA, or community supported agriculture, is a way for small family farms to market their products directly to the consumer. Without going through a middleman—i.e., processors, grocers, wholesalers—we can offer you the freshest, highest quality produce available.
Although we cannot control the weather and some items may not always be as abundant, other produce will take its place to ensure that your basket will always be full. Unlike most CSA program we allow our members to have a somewhat customizable basket of produce. We will work with our members each week to make sure they get produce they can use!
Members receive one basket of fresh, seasonal produce each week, from June — October.
Why should I join?
Joining a CSA offers many benefits:
- Fresh, high-quality produce that is healthy for you
- A sense of social responsibility and stewardship of the land
- An opportunity for dialog between farmers and consumers
- Biodiversity of a given area, and the diversity of agriculture, through the preservation of small farms producing a wide variety of crops
- It puts “the farmer’s face on food” and increases understanding of how, where, and by whom our food is grown
A shared commitment
When you sign up, you dedicate yourself to being our customer for the year, providing a more secure and stable market. We, in turn, dedicate ourselves to being your farmer, providing you with a varied, nutritious diet.
*This is a pick up program only. This is not the delivery program. You may interchange what market to pick up at.