The ALTA Foundation's
2021 L. Keith Wood Memorial College Scholarship is now accepting applications!!!
The ALTA Foundation is very excited to be able to award college-bound high school seniors a $2,500 college scholarship. Thanks to a very generous endowment from the late Keith Wood, former ALTA President and Chairman of the Board, eight current/former ALTA Junior League and ALTA Challenge Ladder players will be awarded this very valuable scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
When to Apply:
- The ALTA Foundation's 2021 L. Keith Wood Memorial College Application is now open for submissions
- All Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Friday, April 30, 2021
Applicant Qualification Rules:
- Must have played at least one year (2 seasons) in the ALTA Junior League, or one year in the ALTA Challenge Ladder
- Only Atlanta area college bound high school seniors (private, public, and home-school students) may apply
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia, and a US citizen
- Only complete applications will be considered
- Relatives of current/recent (past 4 yrs) ALTA Execuitive Committee, Board of Directors, and Foundation are ineligible
- Winners will be announced on Monday, May 17, 2020 via the ALTA's website, social media, and membership email
- Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the winner's College of choice
- Winners must provide school name, tuition payment mailing address, and student CWID, to The ALTA Foundation
How to apply:
At the bottom of this page click Next to see the next page of the application. You are encouraged to save your work frequently by creating a user name and password for your application. Once created, you can save your work and return to this document as often as needed, prior to the deadline date. Once completed to your liking, you must Submit your application; applications that are saved, but not submitted by the deadline, will not be considered.
Items needed for upload prior to submitting your completed application:
- High School Transcript - showing most recently completed grading period
- ALTA Play History - see application for how to find
- Letter of Recommendation - one is required, two will be accepted, if necessary
- College/University Acceptance Letter - only one is needed
- Student Resume (Optional)
Questions about this scholarship opportunity, or issues with the application, should be directed to the ALTA Foundation President, Diana Burger, at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest and application to
The ALTA Foundation's 2021 L. Keith Wood Memorial Scholarship.
Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association - 300 Colonial Center Pkwy, Suite 140 - Roswell, GA 30076