The ALTA Foundation is excited to once again offer graduating high school students who have participated in the ALTA Junior Leagues and/or ALTA Challenge Ladder and/or the ALTA START program an opportunity to receive a $2,500 scholarship to an accredited college, university or technical school of their choice. Eight recipients with a passion for the game of tennis and representative of the at large community of ALTA will be selected from applications submitted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
- The 2023 L. Keith Wood Scholarship Program opens Monday, February 13, 2023
- All Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, April 14, 2023
- Winners will be announced Friday, May 5, 2023 via the ALTA website, social media, and membership email
- Must have played at least one year (2 seasons) in the ALTA Junior Leagues, and/or one year in the ALTA Challenge Ladder, and/or one year on an ALTA START High School Team
- Be a graduating Georgia high school student from a public, private or home school institution and pursuing a post-secondary education in the fall of 2023. A high school equivalency diploma will also be accepted.
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia and a US citizen
- Relatives of current/recent (past 4 years) ALTA Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Foundation are ineligible
- Winners must provide school name, tuition payment mailing address, and student CWID, to The ALTA Foundation as scholarship funds will be sent directly to the winner's college of choice
- Only complete applications will be considered
- Display a passion for the game of tennis
- Confirmation of scholastic ability and intellectual curiosity
- Evidence of leadership and involvement
Items needed for upload prior to submitting your completed application:
How to apply:
- High School Transcript - showing most recently completed grading period
- Letter of Recommendation - from a non-family member
- College/University/Postsecondary Acceptance Letter - only one is needed
- Student Resume (Optional)
Create a user account and password by using Save&Return at the bottom of this page. This will allow you to save your work and return to your document as often as needed, prior to the application deadline. You are encouraged to save your work frequently. Once logged in, click Next at the bottom of this page to begin the application process.
You must Submit your application when it is complete. Applications that are saved but not submitted by the deadline, will not be considered.
Questions about this scholarship opportunity or issues with the application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ALTA Foundation - 300 Colonial Center Pkwy, Suite 140 - Roswell, GA 30076