Welcome to Juventus Academy Saint Louis!
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome everyone to the Juventus global family! As we continue to expand the Juventus brand into the Midwest, we are excited to know you are interested in learning more about our academy.
As we are in Phase 2 of the MO Show-Me Strong Recovery Plan (UPDATED by St Charles County and MYSA effective 6/18/2020), we are updating REQUIRED protocols and processes to ensure our training /tryouts are handled with the utmost safety of all players and staff. We are excited to be returning to closer to game like training on the pitch, but believe it is imperative that we continue to do so cautiously and methodically in line with a specific plan for maximized safety.
These protocols will remain in place throughout Phase 2 ... which currently has been extended through at least 6/29/2020. They will be updated as guidance from local govenment and MYSA is revised. Please review the details below carefully. Failure to abide by the protocols could result in not being able to attend training.
- wear cleats and arrive at check in ready to begin training (fully dressed with cleats on)
- bring a ball
- bring plenty of water (concessions will not be open)
TRYOUTS: Saturday, 6/20/2020:
- SLYSA Complex: 3901 Huster Rd St Charles, MO 63301 (Fields 1-3)
- Check in: opens 30 minutes before each session; ALL players are required to check in
- TRYOUT SESSIONS:
- 9:00AM - 10:15AM: Boys & Girls: 2011 - 2015
- 10:30AM - 11:45AM: Boys & Girls: 2008 - 2010
- 12:00PM - 1:15PM: Boys & Girls: 2005 - 2007
- 1:30PM - 2:45PM: Boys & Girls: 2002 - 2004
MAKE UP TRYOUTS: OLYMPIA (indoor futsal court)
- OLYMPIA ATHLETIC CENTRE: 49 Lawrence St St Charles, MO 63301
- training will be on FUTSAL COURT - players must wear flat shoes and are asked to bring a ball
- SUNDAY, 6/21: Check in: opens 30 minutes before each session in the Olympia lobby
- 9:00AM: Birth years 2011-2015
- 10:15AM: Birth years 2008-2010
- 11:30AM: Birth years 2005-2007
- 12:45PM: Birth years 2002-2004
- Selected weekday options (see drop down list before for actual dates): Check in: opens 30 minutes before each session in the Olympia lobby
- 5:30PM: Birth years 2011 – 2015
- 6:45PM: Birth years: 2008 – 2010
- 8:00PM: Birth years: 2002 - 2007
PRE REGISTRATION – required
- Pre-registration AND check in is required for EACH session. This is important to allow us to track attendance for COVID19 requirements and to ensure player maximums are not exceeded on each field. The pre-registration forms will also serve as a pre-screening for health requirements and confirmations of understanding the updated protocols.
- Players should not register for training if they are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID19, including, but not limited to a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, a consistent cough, or any indications of not being well and healthy.
- If your health conditions change after your pre-registration, you are asked to skip training. If that occurs, please text Kathy Powers at 314-570-7857 to advise of the change since we are still running on a limited number of players/field.
- Registration forms are not family forms to allow the health status to be confirmed for each player.
- We will utilize multiple outdoor fields for training and have a MAX of 100 players per field per session in order to ensure social distancing guidelines/mandates can be followed at all times during training. Once we reach our maximum number of players each session, registration will be closed for that day and no additional players will be able to train. DO NOT register for training unless you are sure you will be able to attend (because we have a fixed # of openings each session).
- Players should leave the car ready to play (wearing cleats, with ball and water) to avoid creating socially distancing issues as they try to change their shoes before taking the field, as well as to avoid bringing unnecessary items to the field.
CHECK IN – required
- Check in will open 30 minutes prior to the start of each session. We will have multiple check in stations available. If players are waiting in line, they will need to remain socially distanced from the player in front of them. If the player did not pre-register, and the fields are already filled with pre-registered players, the player will not be able to attend training.
- MYSA is no longer requiring the paper COVID19 forms in order to attend training, kickarounds, or tryouts.
- Temperature checks are no longer needed during check in, BUT parents are asked to confirm temperatures at home before training.
- Players should leave their bags in the car, and come to the field wearing their cleats, with their ball and water. ALL water bottles should be labeled so there is no confusion on water breaks. Players will be asked to take their water to their training zone so it can be kept near their training area to minimize any confusion.
- Once they are checked in:
- Players will be given a number and safety pins to attach to their shirt and sent to their assigned field for their age group.
- Players will remain in their training zone with their group as they wait for the start of training.
- Second session and later playerswill need to wait socially distanced until the field is cleared of players AND sanitized before they can enter the field for their session.
DURING THE TRYOUT:
- ALL staff coaches will wear face masks and gloves; Coaches/volunteers are encouraged to also wear face masks/gloves – we will have both available for you; Players are not required to wear masks, but are encouraged to do whatever makes them feel most comfortable.
- Based on updated information from St Charles County and MYSA, we are now allowed to run small sides games and possession drills within small groups. Each group will have a maximum of 10 players working within a specified zone that will be socially distanced from other small group zones.
- Any equipment that is provided by Juve STL will be sanitized prior to training, and in between sessions if used during the first session.
- Any player not adhering to social distancing protocols outlined during training will be removed from training.
- Parents are allowed to observe training along the sidelines, but should not interact with the players are asked to follow social distancing.
AFTER THE TRYOUT:
- Coaches will make verbal offers and give players offer cards after each session with instructions on next steps; coaches may also ask player to attend a make up tryout to get an additional look at the player.
- The club will follow up with email offers with additional instructions to the players with offer cards, plus anyone who was missed.
- The club will follow up with an email to any player who was invited to attend a make up tryout.
- The club will send an email to any player who was not a fit for a Juventus Academy Saint Louis so they have an opportunity to pursue options at another club.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to safely navigate these new guidelines that aim to get the kids back on the pitch, while keeping everyone safe.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Juventus Academy - Saint Louis