By requesting approval for Lifetime Membership in the Major County Sheriffs of America (MCSA), I agree to the following Code of Conduct:
• Maintain high personal standards of ethics and integrity.
• Act in a manner that respects my active and retired colleagues.
• Will not tarnish the reputation of MCSA or the Office of Sheriff.
• Will not misrepresent my association with MCSA in any way.
• If attending any MCSA conference or function as an employee or representative of a Corporate Partner to do business on their behalf, I will register using one of the Partner's official complimentary registrations.
Corporate Partners are not allowed to pay the conference fee for a Lifetime Member to attend if the member is employed by or intends to represent the company in order to have additional company representation beyond their allotted complimentary registrations. When registering for a conference as a Lifetime Member, your conference credentials will directly reflect your MCSA membership and will not show affiliation with any company.
Once received, your application will be reviewed and a cursory background check will be performed. Applications will be presented monthly to the MCSA Executive Board with a recommendation to approve or deny membership. Upon completion, you will be notified of the status of your application by MCSA's Executive Director.
If at any point MCSA is made aware of a breach of your agreement to the above Code of Conduct or if you engage in illegal activity, we maintain the right to revoke your membership at any time.