Utah's 7 for 17 winners demonstrate a commitment to meeting the 17 United National Sustainable Development Goals through novel, innovative, or unique means.
In order to be eligible for the 7 for 17 nomination, individuals must:
- Have resided in the state of Utah for at least 1 year as of the time of nomination
- Be between the ages of 14-32 years old on September 24, 2022
- Be in Utah on September 23 and 24, 2022
- Not currently running for political/elected office
- Has not been a member of the UCCD Board of Directors, UCCD Staff, or UCCD's internship/fellowship program for at least 1 year as of the time of nomination
Nominations will be judged by a panel of young people, UCCD staff, and community leaders whose work relates to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The criteria are as follows:
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering Utah’s local and/or global community
- Demonstrated commitment to UCCD’s guiding principle of citizen diplomacy
- Promising trajectory in personal, professional, or social life that could be aided by recognition
Use this form to nominate eligable Utahns for the 7 for 17 award. Please contact Vincent at email@example.com with any questions.
Nominations are due by 11:59 P.M. on June 30, 2022. Winners will be selected and notified following this deadline.
Winners will be celebrated at the International Youth Summit on September 23 and 24, 2022. To learn more, visit Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy's website.