Directions for Completing the Application Form
- Each question should be answered clearly and briefly.
- If a question is not applicable, enter N/A and provide a reason why you feel it does not apply to your event..
- Please adhere to the word limits in certain sections.
- Attach a copy of the event budget, including the anticpated revenues and expenidtures.
- Attach a copy of the event's proposed measurable objectives and performance measures.
- Incomplete or applications received after the submission deadline will not be accepted.
- Do not sumit collateral materials (i.e. marketing materials and programs). They will not be considered.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- The completed application must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Signature Event Grants will be awarded at set, not-to-exceed levels based upon an evaluation of the event budget, an estimate of related City of Newport Beach (City) special event fees, and the estimated economic benefits to the City of having the event based in Newport Beach. The City's financial support should represent no more than 25 percent of the overall event budget.
The City may choose to enter multi-year agreements with grant awardees. All agreements, whether for one year or multiple years, will include right to audit language and include measureable objectives and performance measures for evaluating the event's marketing and economic impact.
Signature Event Grants Funding Levels*
- Tier 1 - $15,000 - $25,000
- Tier 2 - $25,001 - $50,000
- Tier 3 - $50,001 - $150,000
*Grants provided based on analysis of related City event fees and economic benefits City would derive from the event.