About the Award:
The NEHS National Adviser of the Year Award has been established to recognize an outstanding NEHS adviser for their leadership and commitment to the purposes of the National Elementary Honor Society. While the award does single out individuals, one purpose of the award is to highlight the contributions made by all NEHS advisers. NASSP will select one recipient for the NEHS National Adviser of the Year Award. The honoree will receive a plaque and honorarium in the amount of $500.
- Principals at a school with an active NEHS chapter may nominate their NEHS adviser.
- All nominees must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as an NEHS adviser.
- Please review the form to take note of the required fields before beginning the nomination process.
- Recommendations are needed from the nominating principal and an NEHS student officer or NEHS member. Please obtain these documents before starting the nomination.
Principal recommendation question: How does the nominee exemplify the NEHS pillars of Scholarship, Responsibility, Service, and Leadership?
Student recommendation question: How has your NEHS adviser motivated and inspired the members of your NEHS chapter in accomplishing your chapter's yearly goals?
Upon being chosen for this award, the honoree will need to submit a W-9 form to the national office in order to receive the $500 honorarium.
- Nominations will be accepted between December 1, 2020, and February 15, 2021. Nominations submitted by the deadline will be considered.