The LBJ Presidential Library Bus Scholarship Program offers financial assistance to economically disadvantaged Pre-K-12 grade schools visiting the library. Bus scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bus Scholarship Terms and Qualifications:
- Reimbursement up to $250 per school for a single school year
- Available to Title 1 Schools/or schools with 50% of free/reduced lunch
- Your bus scholarship request must be sent four weeks prior to your visit
- Funding is limited and subject to availability
- You are responsible for booking and initially paying for the bus. The reimbursement check will only be sent to schools, not bus companies.
- Invoice for reimbursement must be received within 60 days of your visit.
Step 1: Complete your field trip reservation form
To request a bus scholarship, you must first request a reservation for your tour and/or immersive classroom experience by filling out our online field trip reservation form: https://fs23.formsite.com/lbjlib/form39/index.html
Step 2: Apply for Bus Scholarship
After you have completed the online field trip reservation form (using the link in step 1), you may apply for a bus scholarship by filling out the form below. Please fill this form within five days of filling out the field trip reservation form. You will need documentation of your school's qualifications as well as a school district bus transportation invoice.
Step 3: Order your bus
Once you have received confirmation of the bus scholarship, order your bus(es) as per the policy of your school district. The LBJ Library will not order your bus or pay for your bus directly.
Step 4: Reimbursement
To receive reimbursement, send a copy of your bus invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org along with information for who the reimbursement check should be addressed to and the address where it should be sent. Your invoice must be received within 60 days of your visit or reimbursement will be forfeited.
Our bus scholarships are made possible by our generous Amplify Austin donors.