MODEL ADVISOR PROFILE
- The advisor is genuinely dedicated to the Fraternity’s Vision, Mission and Creed and is committed to meeting and exceeding the Fraternity’s policies and expectations.
- The advisor is a graduate with at least five years of separation from his student involvement; he is a professional and community leader; he is a mature mentor for the chapter.
- The advisor understands the importance of advising and mentoring, not managing or directing; he understands that failure and learning from mistakes is as important to the fraternity experience as is success and winning.
- The advisor is accessible and has contact with the chapter leaders at least weekly; he is willing to reach out and partner with the Fraternity’s Regional President and professional staff; he attends his chapter’s annual PIKE University Leadership Summit.
- Serve as a resource to the chapter president and mentor to chapter members
- Maintain regular communication with the Regional President
- Provide general assistance and guidance for chapter programs and operations
- Attend weekly chapter meetings on a regular basis (or as necessary)
- Serve as a liaison to the university, alumni association, and house corporation
- Assist in the development of the officer transition retreat
- Provide suggestions and input at executive council meetings
- Monitor chapter’s progress towards becoming an Excellence Chapter
“Actively pursue the development of an Alumni Advisory Board. Complete the Chapter Advisor Accreditation program within 30 days of election. Maintain regular communication with the Regional President and Memorial Headquarters. Attend executive council meetings on a regular basis. Review the chapter’s budget with the executive council each academic semester. Meet with the members of the alumni advisory board on a regular basis to discuss chapter operations.” [Code 8, Section 2]
The Chapter Advisor of the Year winner will receive the following:
- Chapter Advisor of the Year Award Plaque.
- Recognition at the 2018 International Convention in Richmond, VA
- Listing in the Shield & Diamond magazine, and on the International Fraternity’s website.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: MONDAY, MAY 1, 2018