MODEL ADVISORY BOARD PROFILE
- The advisory board is genuinely dedicated to the Fraternity’s Vision, Mission and Creed and is committed to meeting and exceeding the Fraternity’s policies and expectations.
- The advisory board is composed of graduates with adequate separation from their student involvement; they are professional and community leaders; they are mature mentors for the chapter.
- The advisors understand the importance of advising and mentoring, not managing or directing; they understand that failure and learning from mistakes is as important to the fraternity experience as is success and winning.
- The advisors are accessible and have contact with their designated liaisons at least bi-weekly; they are willing to reach out and partner with the Fraternity’s Regional President and professional staff; representatives attend their chapter’s annual PIKE University Leadership Summit.
An Alumni Advisory Board consists of alumni members who can offer the following:
- Their professional expertise and support to the undergraduate chapter
- A commitment to monitoring the progress of the chapter
- Counsel and advice to chapter leadership
- Assistance in the areas of academics, leadership, undergraduate recruitment and financial management
- Emphasis on the intangible aspects of fraternalism – Ritual, brotherhood, motivation, unity and caring for one another
- Up-to-date progress on new ideas, tools and fraternal programs
“Meet with respective chapter officers on a regular basis. Maintain regular contact with the Chapter Advisor to relay important information. Meet with other members of the alumni advisory board on a regular basis.” [Code 8, Section 2]
The Alumni Advisory Board of the Year winner will receive the following:
- Alumni Advisory Board of the Year Plaque.
- Recognition at the 2018 International Convention.
- Listing in the Shield & Diamond magazine, and on the International Fraternity’s website.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: MONDAY, MAY 1, 2018